Monday, February 12, 2007

Catching Up

Wow I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks. I have been so swamped at work that I just haven't had time to think about posting. I figured I better post or I might just lose interest and never post again.

Well first off Maryland beat Duke yesterday by 12. Go Terps!!!!! I know that Duke hasn't been their usual dominating self this season but a conference win is always huge. Also, a win against a rival like Duke is also huge. So maybe this will be the beginning of the turn around of the Terps that will them into March. Keep your fingers crossed.

I also have been reading a book ( I know I just said I haven't had much free time. So sue me:-)titled The Great Theft by Dr. El Fadl. This book is a must read for anyone who considers themselves moderates but deeply faithful. Dr. El Fadl seems to be highly esteemed individual in the field of Islamic jurisprudence. This book sets the tone for any discussion on radical (or puritan as Dr. El Fadl calls them) Muslims and where their origins and beliefs stem from. In recent discussions with my friends I drew much of the same conclusions that Dr. El Fadhl does. So it is kind of rewarding to see that my ideas and that of an esteemed scholar agree almost in 90% of what the books says.

I just also saw the movie Norbit. It was funny but not as funny as I thought it would be. I think my expectations were to high. Also, I think Eddie Murphy movies should be watched at home. They are not worth the $9.50 admission cost. So to anyone who hasn't seen it yet, wait for the DVD.

Finally, I have continued watching Little Mosque on the Prairie and I must say at first I thought it was just plain bad but actually it is turning into a somewhat funny show.

Looking back at this post I think I figure out why I haven't been posting as much. It has less to do with work and more to do with all the extraneous tv and movies I watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)

Perhaps they will sell the LMOTP dvd set and I can buy it.